Opus Archive and Research Center
is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located on the campuses of Pacifica Graduate Institute. The Archives are free and open to the public.
The mission of OPUS Archives and Research Center is to preserve, develop and extend to the world the archival collections and libraries of eminent scholars in the fields of depth psychology, mythology and the humanities. OPUS is a “living archive” and offers scholarships, research grants, educational programs, community events, and research access to the collections.
At OPUS you can:
- Do Research: access the collective wisdom housed in the archives to help with your dissertation, book, or other scholarly pursuits.
- Tour the Archives: visit our campuses, go behind-the-scenes, and see what OPUS has to offer.
- Attend Events: the most popular of which is the Joseph Campbell Foundation Mythological RoundTable® Group of OPUS at Pacifica Graduate Institute, a bimonthly discussion group in Santa Barbara.
- Browse the Book Collections: see the personal libraries of several eminent scholars as well as a large collection of texts on mythology and folklore.
- View Special Exhibits: take a look at the rotating exhibits featuring items housed in the archives. Gallery hours are also provided during special events.
The Archives are repositories for rare and significant collections in the fields of mythology, archetypal psychology and world culture. Among the exceptional holdings of OPUS Archives and Research Center are the collections of Joseph Campbell, Marija Gimbutas, James Hillman, Marion Woodman, Jane Hollister Wheelwright and Joseph Wheelwright, Christine Downing, Katie Sanford, Adolf Guggenbühl-Craig, and Tony Joseph, with rare book collections from William Henry Barnes and John Sanford. OPUS also houses the Joseph Campbell and Marija Gimbutas Libraries, located on the Lambert campus, featuring their personal collections of books, many of which also include their marginalia.
一道本不卡免费高清For more information about the Opus Archives and Research Center, please visit .