Employment at Pacifica Graduate Institute
Pacifica is an accredited graduate school offering degree programs in the fields of Psychology, Mythological Studies, and Humanities. We are located in between the foothills and the Pacific Ocean a few miles south of Santa Barbara. Pacifica offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD and retirement plans. If your qualifications meet our current needs, please send your resume to the email address listed below. No faxes or phone calls, please.
一道本不卡免费高清Pacifica Graduate Institute welcomes Adjunct Faculty applications for each of these graduate programs:
- Clinical Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
- Depth Psychology
- Depth Psychotherapy
Appointment by quarters and by academic years vary by program. Qualifications reflect the course content, delivery method, and any applicable licensing standards.
For more information please contact the Department Chair of the department in which you are interested.
No Core Faculty positions available at this time, please check soon.
DIRECTOR OF LIBRARY SERVICES
一道本不卡免费高清Direct, manage, and supervise all facets of Pacifica Graduate Institute’s Library Services departments at both the Ladera and Lambert campuses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Propose and manage operating and capital budgets for Library throughout and among multiple fiscal years. This includes budget tracking of database vendor contracts for the operating budget and print or other physical medium acquisitions for the capital budget.
- Maintain library website via WordPress CMS and associated web services including EBSCO Admin Site, EBSCO Net, and all aspects of hosted EZProxy installation.
- Oversee multiple vendor acquisition and administration portals for EBSCO, ProQuest, Gale, OCLC, Oxford, SCELC, and other organizations.
- Provide the strategic plan for the library, and ensure the library follows that plan on a daily and long-term basis.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure efficient systems and resource usage.
- Manage multiple contracts with vendors and consultants.
- Collaborate with IT department to offer students reliable technological resources and delivery systems and provide the future vision for library services.
- Supervise Library staff which includes, recruitment, management, and development as well evaluations and recommendations for hire and discharge.
- Be able to provide reference and circulation support when needed to students, faculty, alumni, staff, and Friends of the Library.
- Monitor all departmental staff for compliance with Pacifica, WASC, and other external agencies’ policies.
- Maximize teambuilding approach to management.
- Collaborate with all staff institutional departments to ensure that the library offers the necessary services and future needs.
- Troubleshoot all aspects of the Graduate Research Library, including technical services, circulation, reference, special collections, interlibrary loan, and acquisitions. Initiate changes as necessary.
- Consult with all academic departments regarding future needs.
- Consult with faculty in determining purchasing priorities.
- Assign daily to long-term work and projects for Graduate Research Library staff and writing tutors.
- Provide opportunities for growth among the staff whenever possible.
- Train staff as needed.
- Provide bibliographic instruction whenever required to students and faculty.
- Foster and maintain relationships with professional groups and external library consortia.
- Execute all other duties as assigned including committee work and special projects by Pacifica administration.
- Work collaboratively with OPUS Archives.
- Represent Library Services and the Open Access Movement in Staff Director’s meetings.
- Prepares accreditation, progress reports, and other factual reports for Pacifica Board of Trustees and external organizations when requested.
- Represent Pacifica Graduate Research Library to external professional and accrediting agencies.
- Serve on institutional committees whenever requested.
- Supervise all library staff including reference librarians and special collections librarian.
- Evaluate staff performance and file all necessary paperwork.
- Participate in hiring decisions and recommend discharge when appropriate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty competently and in a timely fashion. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have an MLIS from an ALA-accredited university.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and data; strong organizational, administrative, and time-management skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to identify issues and creatively problem-solve on a variety of issues; effective presentation and interpersonal skills; strong ability to exercise sound and experienced judgment based on a thorough knowledge of all issues endemic to academic libraries; ability to remain current on trends within information technology, library services, and instruction pedagogy. Strong sense of student service needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Masters in Library Science from an ALA accredited university.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in the field.
- Academic setting experience preferred.
- Extensive experience with technical services and library systems integration.
- Student service experience in an academic setting, especially reference, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Depth Psychology; some familiarity with the works of authors in that field.
- Experience with policy development experience, preferred.
Sophisticated experience required in administering library vendor databases, subscription services, the Koha Integrated Library System, Library World OPAC, WordPress CMS, responsive web design, EBSCO systems integration, and extensive “user” web experience. Online content management systems and web authoring tools for creating online tutorials and guides.
Applicants for all Staff Positions please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Pacifica Graduate Institute
Department of Human Resources
249 Lambert Road
Carpinteria, CA 93013